Posted 4 November 2016 at 8:31 PM | Comments (0)
There have been many setbacks, but we’re pressing on. From the pictures it looks like we haven’t done anything at all, but that’s because most of our work has been under the house:
1) We replaced the pipes under the house that were leaking sewage. (Gross.)
2) We cleaned up the rat infestations both above and under the house. (No more rats, but no more insulation, either.)
3) We replaced all of the rotted posts that support the house from below. (They weren’t doing their job before, but now they are.)
4) We lifted the house slightly to try to level it. (It kind of worked. Well, not really.)
5) We made a lot of improvements so that moisture and rodents under the house are no longer a problem. (We hope.)
So finally, we’re back to working on our bedroom. That means the ugly, tiled ceiling is gone! We are currently trying to decide if we want a basic, sheetrock ceiling, or if we want something with a bit more pizzazz—in the modest, lake house sense of the word—which basically means wood planks.
We can now look directly at our nude roof, which, as you can see, has no rats, no insulation, and no dignity left.